Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Friendly Letters # 1

This space isn't always about games...

Ok, well maybe it is, but today's post is different. It's a copy of a letter I just sent to a good friend of mine. So wait, if its personal why am I posting it? Well, because I feel like it!

(Name have been blocked to protect the innocent)


Hey Dude,

First and foremost, its great to hear from you. I think I asked J***-A**** about you two weeks ago. Congrats on successfully doing the "SMART THING" and saving your money up. Soon, all of that penny pinching will pay off, and you'll walk out of Best Buy with the only thing that matters: an Xbox 360. But what will your first game be? See me, I like to think ahead, and there are plenty of choices. I say get "Halo 3" because wouldn't you know it, today is Bungie Day!

What is Bungie Day you say? It's only the bestest day of the whole year! Today is the day that Bungie (the makers of Halo) celebrate their fans and give away free stuff. They released a new map (for FREE) on Xbox Live called "Chill out". Now you know that I love "Halo 3". Hell, I love Bungie. But instead of enjoying the Bungie Day festivities and splattering rivals all over the new map they released today, I did something... else.

I know what you're thinking. "Dude, why aren't you enjoying this fake holiday that you're all excited about?"

Well, the thing is I have a bit of an an ego, and when someone challenges me ( a friend from NY), I can't help but get a little competitive. See, my friend back home challenged my score in a PS3 game that I have called "Super Stardust HD" - - a very gay name, but a really good shooter. It's like "Shoot 'Em Up" but without Clive Owen, and in the future... in space. Okay, Okay, maybe it isn't like "Shoot 'Em Up", but I like the damn game and I'm a big sore loser. So I've been playing non-stop these past few days, trying to keep my high score before the little jerk back home tops it. And sadly, this keeps me from enjoying my Bungie Day, lol.

Other than that, I'm doing fine. I sorta miss school, and ***** sucks major supremo, but I can't complain: its a job. I recently interviewed for a job at *** ***** ***** - that ******** ******* that I would never stop talking about. Good news, they liked me. Bad news, they haven't called back yet. In the meantime, I've been trying to keep myself busy and just focus on other stuff besides my dream job.

Mercenaries is great a great game! Do you love it, or hate it? Choose a side if you dare.

P.S. Sorry I wrote a book here, but its been a while so I wanted to tell you everything that I could.

Talk to you soon,

Jose

No comments: